Re: single user mode -P option is ignored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: single user mode -P option is ignored
Дата
Re: single user mode -P option is ignored  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> some customer has PostgreSQL 9.5.5. He cannot to login to database due
> broken index
> When I use single mode against to this database I got a error
> start transaction
> could not open critical system index 2679

I can't reproduce this.  Removing file 2679 (pg_index_indexrelid_index)
from an otherwise-OK database leads to

    $ postgres --single busted
    FATAL:  could not open file "base/78215/2679": No such file or directory

as expected, but

    $ postgres --single -P busted

    PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 9.5.15
    backend>

and all seems well, in particular I can successfully do

    backend> reindex index pg_index_indexrelid_index;

and then things are back to normal.

So either this is something we fixed since 9.5.5, or your summary
of the problem is missing many critical details.