Re: Fix for erroneous warning on Shutdown

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Fix for erroneous warning on Shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 19:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> > As of now, (i.e. even including the new bgwriter shutdown) if you:
> > 1. start postmaster
> > 2. do some work that writes xlog
> > 3. shutdown within some few seconds of startup
> > you get a WARNING suggesting you increase CHECKPOINT_SEGMENTS, which is
> > clearly erroneous since no checkpoint has taken place since startup.
>
> [ scratches head... ]  Not for me.  Are you using any nondefault
> settings in postgresql.conf?

Hmmm...I did a complete re-download of CVS, then a vanilla
configure/make/make install.... with .conf straight from can. I wanted
to be absolutely certain I had got it clean.

Shutdown was via CTRL-C....make a difference?

Damn I hate the wierd ones...if only because of the 90% chance its
something wrong that I've done...

I'll do it again more slowly and report back...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: Fix for erroneous warning on Shutdown
Сообщение: Re: Fix for erroneous warning on Shutdown