Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding (again)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding (again)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE allegedly said:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Also, we need to set Schema->Encoding. This is to define what client
> encoding  is used for schema creation. For example, I would like to use
> Latin1 for  writing functions.

As I said in my previous message, we can only set it once for each
database, otherwise it will become unpredictable as you jump from window
to window.

The only other option I can think of, would be to open a dedicated
connection for each SQL window, but this would:

a) waste resources.
b) bypass logging, query recording etc. in pgSchema (definately not
acceptable).

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding
Сообщение: Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding