Re: Postgresql 7.3.3 crashing on query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql 7.3.3 crashing on query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner@linbit.com> writes:
> DecodeDateTime (field=Cannot access memory at address 0x303038
> ) at datetime.c:1404
> 1404    datetime.c: No such file or directory.
>         in datetime.c
> (gdb) where
> #0  DecodeDateTime (field=Cannot access memory at address 0x303038
> ) at datetime.c:1404
> Cannot access memory at address 0x303030

> Looks a lot like an access to freed memory to me. 0x303030 looks like
> a poison value.

No, it looks like ASCII text.  Something has clobbered the stack with
a text string.  Unfortunately, that probably means we can't trust the
claimed execution address --- DecodeDateTime may just happen to live at
address 0x3030 or something like that in your executable.

Did you try a backtrace (bt)?  The odds are it will fail, or give junk
results, but you should try it.

> I was not able to find simple SELECT statement to reproduce
> the bug, neither selecting some fancy timestamp value nor using
> some fancy timestamp value in the where clause did the trick.

If the pointer to DecodeDateTime is a red herring then that's not too
surprising.  Unfortunately, that conclusion leaves me with zero to go
on :-(.  I think you'll need to work on setting up a self-contained test
case.  You should try pg_dumping the tables involved, loading them into
a fresh database, and then seeing if the bug can be reproduced there.