Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel

От: Rod Taylor
Тема: Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Tom Lane, )

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 14:40, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I am batch inserting insert statements into a database with fsync = on.
> My single disk system is on a 10k drive...even though I am inside a
> transaction there is at least 1 file sync per row insert.

Which filesystem?

PostgreSQL isn't issuing the sync except at commit of a transaction, but
some filesystems do wacky things if you ask them too.