Installing 7.4.2

От Scot L. Harris
Тема Installing 7.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been using Postgresql 7.2.4 on a Redhat 8.0 system.  Prior to
putting the system into production I want to upgrade Postgresql and PHP
to the latest stable versions.

To that end I have downloaded the latest versions and compiled them.  I
have saved my current databases using pg_dumpall.

Currently I have the last versions that Redhat provided for Postgresql
which is version 7.2.4.

I believe what I need to do now is shutdown the current database, remove
the RPMs installed for 7.2.4 and run the make install for 7.4.2,
rebuild/reload the databases.

Prior to doing that are there any steps that I am missing?

I will be removing the following packages from the system:

postgresql-server-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-docs-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-libs-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-tcl-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-tk-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-odbc-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-devel-7.2.4-5.80
postgresql-perl-7.2.4-5.80

I built the 7.4.2 version with tcl, perl, and tk support so I am
assuming that takes care of the packages listed above.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and recommendations.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult
than to understand him.
- Fyodor Dostoevski