От: Rod Taylor
Тема: Re: seq scan woes
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

seq scan woes  ("Dan Langille", )
 Re: seq scan woes  ("Dan Langille", )
  Re: seq scan woes  (Rod Taylor, )

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 15:45, Dan Langille wrote:
> A production system has had a query recently degrade in performance.
> What once took < 1s now takes over 1s.  I have tracked down the
> problem to a working example.

What changes have you made to postgresql.conf?

Could you send explain analyse again with SEQ_SCAN enabled but with
nested loops disabled?

Off the cuff? I might hazard a guess that effective_cache is too low or
random_page_cost is a touch too high. Probably the former.
--
Rod Taylor <rbt [at] rbt [dot] ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/signature.asc