Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?

От: Steve Wampler
Тема: Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?  (Steve Wampler, )
 Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?  (Markus Schaber, )
  Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?  (Kris Jurka, )
  Re: [JDBC] Using a COPY...FROM through JDBC?  (Steve Wampler, )

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 02:26, Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Steve Wampler wrote:
>

> > [I want to use copy from JDBC]
> >

> I made a patch to the driver to support COPY as a PG extension.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-12/msg00186.php

Thanks Kris - that patch worked beautifully and bumped the
insert rate from ~1000 entries/second to ~9000 e/s in my
test code.

Here's hoping it makes it into 7.5.

I do have a little concern about what's happening in the
back end during the copy - I suspect the entire table is
locked, which may impact the performance when multiple
clients are saving entries into the table.  Anyone know
if that's how COPY works?  (For that matter, would that
also be true of a transaction consisting of a set of
inserts?)

Thanks again!
--
Steve Wampler --