Re: compiling postgresql with uuid-ossp failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: compiling postgresql with uuid-ossp failure
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Ibrahim Shaame <ishaame@gmail.com> writes:
> I have installed idempiere ERP which requires uuid-ossp library. I have
> tried to recompile postgresql-11.2 with the option --with-uuid=ossp.

That option doesn't in itself cause any contrib modules to be built
or installed ...

> I get the following error:
> ERROR:  could not open extension control file
> "/data/databases/postgres/pgsql11/share/extension/uuid-ossp.control": No
> such file or directory.

... and you evidently don't have uuid-ossp installed.  You need to do
"make ; make install" in either contrib/uuid-ossp, or the parent
contrib directory if you want all the contrib extensions.