Re: [BUGS] BUG #5412: test case produced, possible race condition.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #5412: test case produced, possible race condition.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rusty Conover <rconover@infogears.com> writes:
> On Apr 14, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There is another slightly odd thing here, which is that the stack trace
>> Rusty provided clearly shows the crash occurring during processing of a
>> local relcache invalidation message for the truncated relation.

> The test case program was the smallest thing I could write to reproduce the problem consistently on my machine, but I
couldn'treproduce it consistently on other machines and architectures.  I'm glad Heikki was able to also see the crash
onhis hardware.  I can take Heikki's patch back out and get a new stack trace from the test program if that would be
usefulto you.

Yeah, I'm curious to know if the stack trace is the same for crashes in
the watered-down test case.  AFAICS, relcache invals triggered by the
TRUNCATE itself ought to be serviced before we get out of the TRUNCATE;
and after that, the xact is holding exclusive lock on the table so
there's no way that we should get a remote inval on the specific relation
(not to mention that the trace is clearly about a local inval not an
incoming remote inval).  So I don't understand why the trace says that
it's happening during a subsequent INSERT.

Mind you, Heikki's patch looks like a good idea in any case; but I'm
not sure that there isn't something else going on here.

От: Rusty Conover
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5412: test case produced, possible race condition.
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: gist README typo