Re: libpq ssl -> clear fallback looses error messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq ssl -> clear fallback looses error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here's an ugly attempt towards this. Though I'm unsure if we can change
> the "const" on the PQerrorMessage parameter without messing with library
> versions and such?

That's a bad idea in any case --- PQerrorMessage shouldn't be changing
the state of anything.  The merging needs to happen earlier.

> Another option could be to change all the calls that set the error
> message to *append* to the error message instead. Thoughts on that?

That might work ... but we'd probably have to add some "clear the
message" calls in places.  It might be worth trying to restrict this
convention to the connection-startup code.