Re: git: uh-oh

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, as Max says downthread, cvs -r REL8_4_STABLE -d
> INTERMEDIATE_DATE apparently shows the file as being there, which is a
> fairly good argument for his position.

I haven't tested, but if I understand what Max and Michael are saying
about CVS, that operation would probably show the file as being there
on *every* date between REL8_4_STABLE splitting off and the actual
addition of it.po to the branch.  Because CVS isn't paying attention to
the evidence of the intermediate tags not being there, either.

Nonetheless, having the file pop into being and then disappear again
between two observable points seems way too much like quantum physics
for my taste.  I think it has to be possible for cvs2git to produce a
less surprising translation.