Re: Planner cost adjustments

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Planner cost adjustments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Begin <jfd553@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can tweak values and restart Postgres without any hardship!

Many of the important performance-related settings (especially cost
factors) can be adjusted with the SET command to affect just the
one connection.  This can make experimenting a lot easier.

> About seq_page_cost and random_page_cost, I am about to test
> different lower values as you and Thomas propose.

I have often been unable to get optimal plans without boosting the
value of cpu_tuple_cost (in addition to adjusting the page costs
and setting effective_cache_size).  Generally 0.03 is enough,
although I have personally never seen problems with going up to
0.05, and that sometimes fixes a few plans that 0.03 misses.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Сообщение: Re: 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1