Re: set autocommit TO FALSE on postgres 7.4

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: set autocommit TO FALSE on postgres 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:28, Jim Seymour wrote:

> > Dear Friends
> >
> > As Subject
> >
> > How to resolve, since i use with out problem on postgresql 7.3
>
> Don't know, being as I know I've turned off autocommit within
> Perl, and I'm *fairly* sure I've done so playing around with
> psql, and it's worked as expected.

the autocommit setting was removed from the server in 7.4 (meaning the
back end always runs as autocommit).  Basically it caused too many
implementation issues in the back end code, and it was decided this
functionality was better handled on the client side. For a more thorough
explanation check the mail archives.

Robert Treat