Re: supressing NOTICE messages on Windows/cygwin only not working?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: supressing NOTICE messages on Windows/cygwin only not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex Soto <apsoto@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm noticing NOTICE messages can't be turned off with my cygwin-based
> platform.   I've had other's confirm it works on linux.

The SET will definitely turn off messages that the backend thinks it is
delivering to the client.  However, it won't turn off logging of those
same messages in the postmaster log --- which may just be standard
error.  Allow me to guess a couple things:

1. You originally launched the postmaster from the same terminal window
you are now running psql in, and you didn't do anything to redirect its
error log to a file or /dev/null or syslog or whatever.

2. Before you changed client_min_messages you were actually seeing *two*
copies of these messages, one sent through psql and one popping up
because you are reading the postmaster's stderr.

While you could make this go away by changing log_min_messages, a better
idea would be to redirect postmaster stderr someplace when you start it.

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request