PostgreSQL 7.4.2 initdb problem

От tech tech
Тема PostgreSQL 7.4.2 initdb problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello All,

           I installed postgresql 7.3.4 on HPUX PA  in /usr/local/pgsql and put the libraries in
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/LIB_new. During the initialization( initdb), it loads libraries (language) from
/usr/local/pgsql/lib. In postgresql version 7.3.1, libraries are not loaded and no such problem during initdb.

   I had the following problem:

           $ initdb -D /var/pgsql
       The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

       The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

       fixing permissions on existing directory /var/pgsql... ok
       creating directory /var/pgsql/base... ok
       creating directory /var/pgsql/global... ok
       creating directory /var/pgsql/pg_xlog... ok
       creating directory /var/pgsql/pg_clog... ok
       selecting default max_connections... 100
       selecting default shared_buffers... 1000
       creating configuration files... ok
       creating template1 database in /var/pgsql/base/1... ok
       initializing pg_shadow... ok
       enabling unlimited row size for system tables... ok
       initializing pg_depend... ok
       creating system views... ok
       creating conversions... ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/utf8_and_win874": No such file or directory

       initdb: failed
       $

When I have the libraries in /usr/local/pgsql/lib, there is no problem.

Is there any way to avoid like this?
I wants to install in /usr/local/pgsql and libraries in /usr/local/pgsql/lib/LIB_new directory. How to do this one?

Thanks,
raj.

Lycos Email has 10 MB of FREE storage space. http://mail.lycos.co.uk