Re: MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I realize that MySQL & PG cannot really be compared (especially when you
> consider the issues that MySQL has with things like data integrity) but
> still surely PG would perform better than the stats show (i.e. #7 31.28
> seconds versus 42 minutes!!!).

We know that PostgreSQL 7.5 will perform much better than 7.4 did due to
the efforts of OSDN and Tom.

I've enquired as to whether they ran ANALYZE after the data load. They
don't explicitly mention it, and given the mention it took 2.5days to
load 1GB of data, they're not regular PostgreSQL users.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt [at] rbt [dot] ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/signature.asc

Вложения