Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon
Список pgsql-performance
Here's an interesting link that suggests that hyperthreading would be
much worse.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hyperthreading+dual+xeon+idle&start=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=aukkonen-FE5275.21093624062003%40shawnews.gv.shawcable.net&rnum=16

another which has some hints as to how it should be handled

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hyperthreading+dual+xeon+idle&start=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=u5tl1XD3BHA.2760%40tkmsftngp04&rnum=19
FWIW, I have anecdotal evidence that suggests that this is the case, on
of my clients was seeing very large context switches with HTT turned on,
and without it was much better.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer