Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> On Wednesday 17 November 2010 00:31:34 Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, we're not going to increase the default to gigabytes

> Especially not as I don't think it will have any effect after wal_segment_size
> as that will force a write-out anyway. Or am I misremembering the
> implementation?

Well, there's a forced fsync after writing the last page of an xlog
file, but I don't believe that proves that more than 16MB of xlog
buffers is useless.  Other processes could still be busy filling the
buffers.

Сообщение: Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Сообщение: Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?