Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Detoasting optionally to make Explain-Analyze less misleading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Christofides <michael@pgmustard.com> writes:
> While looking to add support for SERIALIZE in an explain visualisation tool
> I work on, I realised there isn't yet an equivalent auto_explain parameter
> for SERIALIZE. I'm not sure if this is a deliberate omission (perhaps for a
> similar reason planning time is not included in auto_explain?), but I
> didn't see it mentioned above, so I thought best to ask in case not.

I'm not sure there's a need for it.  When a query runs under
auto_explain, the output values will be sent to the client,
so those cycles should be accounted for anyway, no?

(Perhaps the auto_explain documentation should mention this?)