Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/12/13 15:59, Ali Akbar wrote:

>> It is not the first time that this topic shows up. See for example
>> this thread from myself's version of last year:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqTPXgX9HiyhhtAgpW7jbA1is
>> kMCSoqXPEEB_KYXYy1E1Q@mail.gmail.com
>> Or this one:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/21633.1448383428@sss.pgh.pa.us
>>
>> And the conclusion is that we don't want to do what you are doing
>> here, and that it would be better to store NOT NULL constraints in a
>> way similar to CHECK constraints.
>>

> Thanks for the link to those thread.
>
> Judging from the discussion there, it will be a long way to prevent DROP
> NOT NULL.

Yeah, I remembered that discussion when writing my email, but was for some
reason convinced that everything's fine even without the elaborate
book-keeping of inheritance information for NOT NULL constraints.  Thanks
Michael for reminding.

Thanks,
Amit