Re: force_not_null option support for file_fdw

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: force_not_null option support for file_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shigeru Hanada <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com> writes:
> (2011/09/09 0:47), Kohei Kaigai wrote:
>> makeString() does not copy the supplied string itself, so it is not preferable to reference
>> NameStr(attr->attname) across ReleaseSysCache().

> Oops, fixed.
> [ I should check some of my projects for this issue... ]

I've committed this with some mostly-cosmetic revisions, notably

* use defGetBoolean, since this ought to be a plain boolean option
rather than having its own private idea of which spellings are accepted.

* get rid of the ORDER BY altogether in the regression test case ---
it seems a lot safer to assume that COPY will read the data in the
presented order than that text will be sorted in any particular way.