Re: BUG #15396: initdb emits wrong comment for range for effective_io_concurrency

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15396: initdb emits wrong comment for range for effective_io_concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
James Robinson <james@jlr-photo.com> writes:
>> On Sep 23, 2018, at 2:27 PM, Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
>> effective_io_concurrency can not be set is your system does not support USE_POSIX_FADVISE. In this case only allowed
valuefor effective_io_concurrency is zero.
>> As far i know mac os does not support posix_fadvise.

>     Possibilities of augmenting either the initdb template comments according to if USE_POSIX_FADVISE or not, or
perhapsthe runtime error (probably harder).

I don't think trying to cram something about this into
postgresql.conf.sample is advisable.  Those end-of-line comments need to
be *short*.  Plus, you'd almost certainly confuse people as to whether the
info was applicable to them or not.  Perhaps a better idea is to rejigger
things so that the bad news is delivered by check_effective_io_concurrency
rather than changing the hard limits of the GUC.  Then it'd be possible
to include an errdetail that only zero is supported on platforms that
lack posix_fadvise.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15395: Assert failure when using CURRENT OF with inheritance
От: Thomas Crayford
Сообщение: "could not open file "pg_wal/…": No such file or directory" potential crashing bug due to race condition between restartpoint and recovery