Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Who exactly signed onto this as a good idea?  It sure doesn't square
>> with my ideas of an ACID database.  Committed means committed, not
>> "maybe if you're lucky committed".

> True but we support fsync.  Certainly it would be more useful than
> fsync, and it might allow us to remove fsync.

How so?  fsync off is for I-don't-care-about-this-data-at-all cases
(primarily development, though loading already-archived data can
qualify too).  I'm not seeing a use-case for "I care about this data,
but only once it's more than N seconds old".  It certainly does not
replace "just go as fast as you can", which is what fsync off means.

> No one has to sign TODO items, BTW.  They are added and removed as
> requested.

[ shrug... ]  So if I request removal of this item, it will go away
again?  It hasn't reached the age needed to guarantee commit ;-)

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes