Re: randomized order in select?

От Enver ALTIN
Тема Re: randomized order in select?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:02 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> You can but it won't be very efficient (for large tables) as it will generate
> a random ordering for the whole table, probably do a sort and then return the
> first record.  The only thing different you need to do is add () after random:
> select tiptext from tips order by random() limit 1

Thanks. The whole table consists of about 100 rows and I don't think it
will grow by, even twice. So this fits my needs just well.
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
|          |  Software developer, IT consultant
|    FRONT |
|==========|  FrontSITE Bilgi Teknolojisi A.Ş.
|_____SITE_|  http://www.frontsite.com.tr/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Grosse
Сообщение: Re: Converting query to view - duplicate fields - solved