Re: Making CallContext and InlineCodeBlock less special-case-y

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Making CallContext and InlineCodeBlock less special-case-y
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10.07.22 01:50, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As committed, gen_node_support.pl excludes CallContext and InlineCodeBlock
>> from getting unneeded support functions via some very ad-hoc code.

> Couldn't we just enable those support functions?  I think they were just
> excluded because they didn't have any before and nobody bothered to make
> any.

Well, we could I suppose, but that path leads to a lot of dead code in
backend/nodes/ --- obviously these two alone are negligible, but I want
a story other than "it's a hack" for execnodes.h and the other files
we exclude from generation of support code.

After sleeping on it, I'm thinking the "pg_node_attr(nodetag_only)"
solution is the way to go, as that can lead to per-node rather than
per-file exclusion of support code, which we're surely going to want
eventually in more places.