Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 02/16/2011 12:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Can someone take ownership of this, get involved with the libedit folks,
>> get Debian to use their fixes, and solve this problem for us?

> You're assuming a fact not in evidence, namely the existence of an
> identifiable group of "libedit folks". Last time I looked there was no
> such group.

FWIW, we are not the only people who are unhappy with the readline
license situation.  There has been muttering on the Fedora lists about
trying to push libedit to the point where it'd be a usable drop-in
replacement, even as recently as last week:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/148473.html
I'm not sure how much manpower is likely to emerge from that quarter,
but it seems at least possible that something will get done without us
having to do it.

In the meantime, if there's anybody here who feels their talents are
more suited to fixing libedit than to hacking Postgres, I encourage them
to do so.  But I don't think it's this project's charter to fix that
problem.