Re: COPY with INDEXES question

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: COPY with INDEXES question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 19:46, Slavisa Garic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question. In order to speed up insertion of large number of
> rows (100s of thousands) I replaced the INSERT with the COPY. This works
> fine but one question popped into my mind. Does copy updates indexes on
> that table if there are some defined?

Copy does nearly everything that standard inserts to. RULES are the only
thing that come to mind. Triggers, indexes, constraints, etc. are all
applied.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt [at] rbt [dot] ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Вложения

От: markw@osdl.org
Сообщение: Re: 7.3 vs 7.4 performance
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?