Re: How to check if a field exists in NEW in trigger

От Igal @ Lucee.org
Тема Re: How to check if a field exists in NEW in trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/5/2019 11:34 AM, Michael Lewis wrote:
> As a note to the original poster, you might want to check out-
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/citext.html

Thanks, Michael.  I'm familiar with the citext module.

There is no reason, however, for an email address to be not-lower-cased,
so while in some cases (no pun intended) it makes sense to keep the
original CaSe while performing a case insensitive comparison, when it
comes to email addresses I rather collapse the value upon insertion/update.

Since that table has many more reads than writes, I am pretty sure that
it's more performant too.

Best,

Igal