Re: Postgress and MYSQL

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>:

> >Look I love postgresql, but reality is reality.  The database itself is
> >great, the documentation is pretty good, but a lot of the other things
> about
> >postgresql (like the website) need a lot of work.  Postgresql gives the
> >impression of being a second rate disorganized product if you were to just
> >go by the website alone.
> >
> Isn't that true of just about any OSS project? Heck, Linux doesn't even
> have a website ;).
> MySQL is not an OSS project, it is an OSS product with a commercial
> company backing
> it. There is a big difference.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

You're kidding me...

linux.org
linux.com   (ewwww, way to cluttered these days)
linuxhq.org
linuxhq.com (looks like their undergoing a facelift)

I seem to remember someone saying that PG is supposed to be leaning towards
being more like a "kernel" so I would like one day the site might become
conceptually like linux.org in the sense that they point you toward the various
distributions of Linux.

Comments?

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.