Re: failures on machines using jfs

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: failures on machines using jfs
Дата
Re: failures on machines using jfs  (Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegelberg@cranel.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Greg Spiegelberg kirjutas E, 12.01.2004 kell 19:03:
> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > Spiegelberg, Greg kirjutas P, 11.01.2004 kell 18:21:
> >
> >>It would seem we're experiencing somthing similiar with our scratch
> >>volume (JFS mounted with noatime).
> >

> > Which files/directories do you keep on "scratch" volume ?
> >
> > All postgres files or just some (WAL, tmp) ?
>
> No Postgres files are kept in scratch only the files being loaded
> into the database via COPY or lo_import.

then the speedup does not make any sense !

Is reading from jfs filesystem also 5 times faster than reading from
ext3 ?

The only explanation I can give to filling database from jfs volume to
be so much faster could be some strange filesystem cache interactions.

Hannu