Re: COPY support implemented

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: COPY support implemented
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Some thoughts on converting files between different encodings (my search
for this was long enough to share the results).
If you're on Linux, you might use the "iconv" tool to convert the file
encoding (for details: man iconv).
On all platforms you could use the "native2ascii" tool (it's part of the
JDK), in a 2 step process: first convert from iso-8859-1 to the
ASCII/unicode encoded format, then convert that to UTF-8 using the
"-reverse" option. For all the options of native2ascii, consult the docs
for your platform, possibly:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/tools.html#intl

HTH,
Csaba.