Re: Spinlock support for linux-hppa?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Spinlock support for linux-hppa?
Дата
Re: Spinlock support for linux-hppa?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 17:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 03:22, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> >> What is needed to provide spinlock support for linux on hppa?
>
> Possibly nothing --- can you try CVS tip?  Bruce has already committed
> his patch to decouple CPU and OS assumptions there, and I changed the
> TAS code to be inline for gcc.  AFAICS it should just work.

I can't very easily get cvs tip built on linus-hppa, because I couldn't
make a package of that except for experimental, but experimental doesn't
get processed by the autobuilders.

I saw the changes to s_lock.h, but I couldn't at first sight see how to
alter 7.4.1 to incorporate them, because they coincided with a file
reorganisation.  My object is to get 7.4.1 working on all the Debian
architectures.  However, I only have i386 machines; for the rest I have
to rely on the autobuilders, which makes the task of debugging rather
long-winded and is likely to involve a series of faulty packages till I
get it right.  So is there any possibility of a backpatch for 7.4.1? or
tell me which files in 7.4.1 should receive the tas assembler for gcc.
Can I take it that your words above imply that the assembler code is the
same for gcc on all architectures?

Is there any way of finding out from cvs all the files affected by a
patch?   Using the web interface to view changes to one file, I don't
see how to find out what else changed at the same time.

Thanks.

========================================   "The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming      in from this time
forth,and even for evermore."                                         Psalms 121:8

Сообщение: Re: Spinlock support for linux-hppa?
Сообщение: Re: Spinlock support for linux-hppa?