Re: trouble with pgaccess

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: trouble with pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 22:19, davadie philippe wrote:
>         Hi everybody !
>
>     Excuse my poor english, since I'm french, and the dummy question I will
> ask, since I'm new using pgaccess and postgresql.
>     I have successfully installed pgaccess, but when I try to connect to
> the databses I have created, I get the message :
>
>     Error trying to connect to database 'garde' on host
>     PostgreSQL error message : Connection to database failed
>     FATAL : IDENT authentication failed for user "philippe"
>
>     User philippe has been created by superuser postgres and is granted for
> this database.

Access control is governed by the file $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf.  The
relevant line in that file is specifying "ident sameuser"
authentication, which means that it expects the postgresql user to have
the same name as the unix user; if your unix login were "philippe" it
would work.

Create a postgresql user with the same name as your login and try again.

========================================   "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would      borrow of thee
turnnot away."                                              Matthew 5:42