V 1.0.2 (Windows) multi-value Database Variables not handled correctly

От Ezra Epstein
Тема V 1.0.2 (Windows) multi-value Database Variables not handled correctly
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,
  I'm using the latest release (1.0.2) on Windows (XP).
  There appears to be a bug handling multi-value database variables.
I've changed the default search_path for a db via:    ALTER DATABASE "MyDB" SET search_path TO
schema1,schema2,schema3;

To view this in pgAdmin III, I right-click on the DB in the left-hand
tree view, click the "Variables" tab on the pop-up window and see 3
rows like so:     Variable        | Value     ================|===============     "search_path    | schema1
schema2        |     schema3"        |

Which is not very promising.  Worse, closing this popup and going back
to the main window, selecting the "Properties" tab in the bottom right-
hand side of the window (it is selected by default) I see the
following for the creation script:
     CREATE DATABASE "MyDB"       WITH ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';     ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET
"search_path=schema1,;    ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET schema2,;     ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET schema3";

I haven't tried it, but I don't think that'll even make it past the
parser.  Of course Users also support having properties set, so I went
ahead and tested this.  pgAdmin III has the same problem. Could this
be a general problem with mis-handling configuration parameters that
accept multiple values?

Hope this report helps further improve an (otherwise) excellent tool.

== Ezra Epstein