Re: restoring database

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: restoring database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 14:51, Lucas Lain wrote:
> Hi everybody ... i need to restore only one database from a pg_dumpall backup
> file... how can i do it?

If it's a plain text dump, make a copy of the backup file.  Edit the
copy and delete everything that doesn't relate to the database to be
restored.

If you dumped in tar or special format, I believe you can use
  pg_restore -d dbname
but I haven't done that myself and am not sure if I'm interpreting the
manpage correctly.

     "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding
      in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
      And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the
      glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were
      sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, " Fear not;
      for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which
      shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day
      in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the
      Lord."        Luke 2:8-11