Re: postmaster and logrotate

От Claudio Succa
Тема Re: postmaster and logrotate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il lun, 2003-12-22 alle 19:40, Dima Tkach ha scritto:
> Hi, everybody!
>
> I was wonderring if there is a way to make logrotate work with postgres
> logs?
> More precisely, the question is - is there any way to tell a running
> postmaster process to reopen its log file?
> I tried kill -HUP ... but that doesn't seem to do anything...
>
> Is there just no way to do what I want?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dima

In /etc/logrotate.d create a file named i.e. postgres with more or less
the following contents:

/var/log/postgres.log {
        weekly
        missingok
        rotate 4
        copytruncate
        compress
        delaycompress
        notifempty
}

Pls notate the 'copytruncate' option which enables the routing of the
output of syslogd to a new file.

Claudio

--
Claudio Succa
PERTEL - Torino - Italy

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: postmaster and logrotate
От: mydba@usa.com (Michael Gill)
Сообщение: How to hide database structure