Re: Php help

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Php help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
First, your subject line is misleading and likely to get your post
ignored. Your problem isn't related to PHP, it is an sql problem. (And
as such probably more appropriate for the pgsql-sql list, but whatever)

I think what you're trying to do is:

UPDATE rocket SET search = partno WHERE partno ilike '5R%';

Robert Treat

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 01:39, Eric Holmstrom wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Ive been reading but not getting far, so thought i would ask here. IN
> SQL im trying to do this.
>
> What its meant to do is look in Column partno. Then check if there are
> any part numbers starting with 5R. Once it done that  it should insert
> the value 5R RACING into the blank SEARCH column inline with it.
>

> Ive Tried
>
> Select partno LIKE "5R%" INSERT INTO rocket (search) VALUE (5R RACING)
>
> Recieved the error
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INSERT INTO rocket (search)
> VALUE (5R RACING)' at line 1
>

> any ideas how 2 do this? or point me to reading material to help?
>
> Thankyou
>

> Eric Holmstrom

Сообщение: Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using
Сообщение: Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using