Re: tablespaces in 7.5?

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: tablespaces in 7.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Mike Nolan <nolan@gw.tssi.com>:

> > Ok, thats for the response.  I take it a PG namespace = Oracle table space
> (or
> > namespace is simply the generic term).  I can see some definite benefits
> > especially with disk i/o throughput though I thought database partitioning
> (I
> > think that is what its called) would provide the same thing.
>
> I could be wrong, but I think 'namespace' is an existing concept in
> PG that is a way of organizing objects into logical groups.
>
> As I recall, the group working on it decided to call it a 'directory' rather
>
> than a 'tablespace', because of concerns that the latter word might be
> proprietary to Oracle.  I've lost touch with the rest of the members in
> that group, though, since the computer I was using for PG development
> purposes got zapped by lightning in August.
> --
> Mike Nolan

I think that is what I was getting confused with before- schemas...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/catalog-pg-namespace.html

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by:
VCSN, Inc : http://vcsn.com

От: Martin Marques
Сообщение: Re: Calculating total amounts per clientid
От: MT
Сообщение: Re: Calculating total amounts per clientid