Re: sqlsmith: ERROR: XX000: bogus varno: 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: sqlsmith: ERROR: XX000: bogus varno: 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for addressing that in the patch you posted.  I guess fixing
> only expression_tree_walker/mutator() suffices for now, but curious to
> know if it was intentional that you decided not to touch the following
> sites:

> exprCollation(): it would perhaps make sense to return the collation
> assigned to the 1st element of listdatums/lowerdatums/upperdatums,
> especially given that transformPartitionBoundValue() does assign a
> collation to the values in those lists based on the parent's partition
> key specification.

But each column could have a different collation, no?  I do not
think it's sensible to pick one of those at random and claim
that's the collation of the whole thing.  So throwing an error
seems appropriate.

> exprType(): could be handled similarly

The same, in spades.  Anybody who is asking for "the type"
of a relpartbound is misguided.

> queryjumble.c: JumbleExpr(): whose header comment says:

If somebody needs that, I wouldn't object to adding support there.
But right now it would just be dead code, so why bother?