Re: cant get pg_dump/pg_restore to behave

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cant get pg_dump/pg_restore to behave
Дата
Re: cant get pg_dump/pg_restore to behave  ("Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@gmail.com> writes:
> On 4/20/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hmph.  It should pretty much just work ... and there is *definitely* not
>> any update command visible in the source code.

> i dug deeper (like i should have in the first place) and the UPDATEs
> are ok ... they're inside of functions which get triggered on events

Doh, I should have thought of that.

>> If there's not anything confidential about your schema, could you send
>> me the output of "pg_dump -s" on the problem database?  Maybe seeing a
>> fuller picture will yield a clue.

> the schema shouldnt be a problem ... just the data :)

Well, I loaded and dumped and reloaded this schema in 8.1 without any
problem, so I'm still baffled.

Looking back at your original message, you say

>> $ pg_dump -F c -s -d database-server mydb > mydb.schema
>> $ psql -d mydb < mydb.schema
>> <error about users_idx not existing>

There are several obvious things wrong with that (eg, psql cannot read
-Fc format dumps) so I suppose it's an editorialization on what you
really typed.  Perhaps the problem is hidden there.  Can you show us an
*exact* transcript of a failing session?