Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC

От Steve Wampler
Тема Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 12:39, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Sander Steffann wrote:
> > In short: both filesizes are correct, and I can't explain it :(
> > Sander.
>
> However 6MB of difference for postgresql-server-7.4-0.3PGDG.i386.rpm
> and     2.2 MB for postgresql-contrib-7.4-0.3PGDG.i386.rpm
> are too much !

If you do a 'file' command on the executables does one set show
up stripped while the other doesn't.  The sizes of individual
files are consistent with that difference (roughly).

If they are the same, and 'ldd' shows the same set of shared
libraries loaded, then look at the sizes of the non-shared
libraries used on the two OS versions.

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota