Re: pg_hda.conf

От Bo Lorentsen
Тема Re: pg_hda.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 23:18, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Automatic update is now controlled by a debconf question; the default
> answer is no.
Ahh, then I just need to know how to turn this on, as I newer have
altered the debconf data manualy.

Btw. I also did get some debconf warnings, but I did not store them
anywhere (as far as I know). Does it matter that I use your woody
packages on sarge (regarding debconf) ?

> Please show all the uncommented lines.  Remember that the *first* match
> is what governs.  If an  earlier "ident sameuser" line has matched, your
> later additions will have no effect.
Thanks, but I tried to take this in account, but here goes :

# DO NOT DISABLE!
# If you change this next entry you will need to make sure the postgres
user
# can access the database using some other method.  The postgres user
needs
# non-interactive access to all databases during automatic maintenance
# (see the vacuum command and the /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/do.maintenance
# script).
local   all         postgres                                      trust
local   all         all                                           trust
host    all         all       127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   trust
host    all         all       0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           reject

> If the old pg_hba.conf was different, the resulting behaviour would
> probably be different.  What changes were there between the old and the
> new?  (If you had "ident sameuser" in 7.3 (or earlier) you would never
> have been able to switch identities -- this has not changed between
> versions.)
Hmm, no changes was really made, but the old file  was overwritten, so I
made a new one that contained what was needed (or at least what was what
I hoped for), and it looks like the old one :-)

/BL

От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: pg_hda.conf
От: "Gerard Mason"
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster running, psql not