Re: pg_dumpall pg_restore

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: pg_dumpall pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 16:02, Rob Sell wrote:
> Ok this should be simple but I am missing something here.
>
> Yesterday I upgrade to 7.4 before I do that I run
>
> $pg_dumpall > /tmp/pg_keep
>
> When I try to restore off this file I get
> pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

You just dumped to a text file.  You have to use --format=t to get a tar
archive.

Use
   psql -e -d template1 -f /tmp/pg_keep
to restore from your text dump.

> So I tar the file and it appears to be a valid archive now..
> Now when I try to restore I get the error:
>
> pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file toc.dat in tar
> archive

You can't turn a text dump into a tar dump like that.

     "To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and
      thy faithfulness every night."     Psalms 92:2