Re: uploading files

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: uploading files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Rick Gigger <rick@alpinenetworking.com>:

> What is the best method for storing files in postgres?  Is it better to use
> the large object functions or to just encode the data and store it in a
> regular text or data field?

Rick,

This has been discussed recently so you might want to dig through the archives
but one thing to be aware of is that with large objects, you have have to dump
your database in a different format- a non-text format.  This is less portable
than storing files as bytea's which can be dumped in the text and non-text
formats.  Argueably is all you use is PosgreSQL then this might not be a big deal.

Performance-wise I'm not qualified to speak to which is "better".  As always, it
is going to depend on your specific application and environment.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: