Re: Point-in-time data recovery - v.7.4

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Point-in-time data recovery - v.7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 08:29, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:01:15PM +0100, Rafael Martinez Guerrero wrote:
> > References in mailinglists talk about version 7.4 and in the TODO list
> > is under the section 'urgent'.
>
> It didn't get done.
>
> > Anybody knows when this functionality will be available with
> > prod-quality?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> Jan Wieck has a proposal for a new replication system which will
> offer a trick for producing point in time as a side benefit.  We are
> aiming to have that software in use sooner rather than later, but it
> hasn't been written yet.

Supplanting PITR with Replication?  If so, I don't think that's
a good idea, since you'd either have to buy a new server, or double
disk capacity, both of which can cost noticeable amounts of money,
if SCSI disks are used.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious of
Scandinavians.