Retoring non-administrative user databases

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Retoring non-administrative user databases
Дата
Re: Retoring non-administrative user databases  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I was going a test run through of of moving my 7.1.3 databases to 7.4RC1 and I
have a problem with creating databases for my users that do not have
administrative accounts.  By that I mean, these users are NOT allow to create
databases.  So the process was this:

On the 7.1.3 server:
pg_dumpall -c > dump.db

On the 7.4RC1 server:
psql -f dump.db template1 or psql < dump.db

Either style has the same result.  Also, I usually don't use pg_retore but in
this case I tried:

bin/pg_restore -d template1 --ignore-version --use-set-session-authorization dump.db

the error I got was:

pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

I'm also tried pg_restore with a 7.3.4 database file and the result was the same
on the 7.4 server.

What am I missing?

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.