Re: Troubles with installation of cygrunsrv

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: Troubles with installation of cygrunsrv
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
have you run initdb -D /var/pgsql/data?

I'm using ipc-daemon2 and it works just fine (on winxp too), so it's not the problem.

There is no utility (as far as I know) to remove services from the scm on windows (I mean included with windows).
But you can remove ipc-daemon2 with
$ipc-daemon2 --remove-service
and postmaster with
$cygrunsrv --remove postmaster
Remember to reboot before you try to reinstall any of these services.

I would try stopping and starting ipc-daemon2 from the scm, and if it works ok, then I would try to start postgres.
If you have problems starting ipc-daemon2 you should check the event viewer (i guess) to find out what happened.
If you have problems starting postgresql, try
$/usr/bin/postmaster -D /var/pgsql/data
from the console to see any error messages.

Hope it helps.