PL/Perl returning multiple rows

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

 I'm trying to write a pl/perl function that will return multiple rows.
I've looked all over the web and only found vague references as to how
to do this (some said it was possible, and some said it wasn't but it
was for older versions of Postgres).

 Basically I would *love* to be able to do something like this:

 SELECT some_id
 FROM some_table
 WHERE ....
 INTERSECT
 SELECT perlfunc(someparameter);

 Is this possible, or do I need to insert results into a temporary table
and intersect with that?

 SELECT some_id
 FROM some_table
 WHERE ....
 INTERSECT
 SELECT some_id
 FROM temp_result
 WHERE temp_id = perlfunc(someparameter);

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chris