Re: error while executing a c program with embedded sql

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: error while executing a c program with embedded sql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:06, radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:
> I have a c program called test1.pgc with some sql statements embedded in
> it. The program was preprocessed, compiled and linked. Now, I have the
> executable test1.
>
> When I run the executable it says,
>
> ./test1: error while loading shared libraries: libecpg.so.3: cannot open
>
> What does it mean by this error message? What should I do to correct this
> error and run the executable successfully?

Shared libraries are loaded from directories specified to the system by
ldconfig.  Your shared library, libecpg.so.3, is in a PostgreSQL
directory, such as /usr/local/pgsql/lib, which has not been added to the
directories known to the loader.

If you are able to add that directory with ldconfig, that is the best
way to do it, but it requires root privilege.

Otherwise you can set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, thus:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

before you run the program, or you can use LD_PRELOAD:

    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libecpg.so.3 ./test1

     "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is
      thy victory?"             1 Corinthians 15:55